The gentle, honest, open specific, talk (or GHOST) protocol is a protocol for speaking and listening:
- Gentle: to say what needs to be said in a manner that does not raise defenses in the other party;
- Honest: to be true to what is on your mind, and your emotional reaction to the situation;
- Open: to be open to new information, and to allow it to influence your thinking;
- Specific: to illustrate what you have to say with clarifying examples and to avoid generalizations;
- Talk: to take the opportunity of a confidential, safe space to say what you are thinking when it is important. Thinking not Talking is TNT – dangerous!
I liked this idea…